The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a free copy of Dr. Greger’s Evidence-Based Eating Guide: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Stay tuned for what the exhaustive review of meta-analyses and systematic reviews on major diet-related chronic diseases found for food groups in What Are the Best Foods? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-are-the-best-foods).
The alcohol video I mentioned was: Is It Better to Drink a Little Alcohol than None at All? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-better-to-drink-little-alcohol-than-none-at-all/) and the Parkinson’s video: Pepper’s & Parkinson’s: The Benefits of Smoking Without the Risks? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/peppers-and-parkinsons-the-benefits-of-smoking-without-the-risks/). I also mentioned Dairy & Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-and-cancer/).
What about diet soda?
· Diet Soda and Preterm Birth (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-soda-and-preterm-birth/)
· How Diet Soda Could Make Us Gain Weight (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-diet-soda-could-make-us-gain-weight/)
· Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda)
What’s so bad about alcohol? See, for example, Can Alcohol Cause Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-alcohol-cause-cancer) and Do Any Benefits of Alcohol Outweigh the Risks? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-Any-Benefits-of-Alcohol-Outweigh-the-Risks).
And I’ve got tons on milk:
· Preventing Parkinson’s Disease with Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-parkinsons-disease-with-diet/)
· Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/)
· Is Milk Good for Our Bones? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-milk-good-for-our-bones)
· The Saturated Fat Studies: Set Up to Fail (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-saturated-fat-studies-set-up-to-fail/)
· The Saturated Fat Studies: Buttering Up the Public (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-saturated-fat-studies-buttering-up-the-public/)
· Childhood Constipation and Cow’s Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/childhood-constipation-and-cows-milk/)
· Prevent Cancer from Going on TOR (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prevent-cancer-from-going-on-tor/)
· Saving Lives By Treating Acne with Diet (https://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/saving-lives-by-treating-acne-with-diet/)
· Dairy Estrogen and Male Fertility (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-estrogen-and-male-fertility)
· Treating Infant Colic by Changing Mom’s Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-infant-colic-by-changing-moms-diet/)
· Autism and Casein from Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
· Is Butter Really Back? What the Science Says (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-butter-really-back-what-the-science-says)
· How to Treat Reflux in Children with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-reflux-in-children-with-diet)
· Dairy and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-and-cancer/)
· The Effects of Hormones in Dairy Milk on Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-hormones-in-dairy-milk-on-cancer)
My recommendations for the best beverages are water, green tea, and an herbal tea call hibiscus:
· Is It Best to Drink Tap, Filtered, or Bottled Water? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-best-to-drink-tap-filtered-or-bottled-water/)
· Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-green-tea-for-boosting-antiviral-immune-function/)
· Treating Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-prostate-cancer-with-green-tea/)
· Hibiscus Tea vs. Plant-Based Diets for Hypertension (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/hibiscus-tea-vs-plant-based-diets-for-hypertension/)
· Protecting Teeth from Hibiscus Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/protecting-teeth-from-hibiscus-tea/)
· How Much Hibiscus Tea Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-hibiscus-tea-is-too-much/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-are-the-best-beverages and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/