The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Isn’t that mindblowing about the circadian rhythm stuff? Calories in the morning count less and are healthier than calories in the evening. So if you’re going to skip a meal to widen your daily fasting window, skip dinner instead of breakfast. I’ll get to the best-of-both worlds study next in The Benefits of Early Time-Restricted Eating (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-benefits-of-early-time-restricted-eating).
If you missed any of the previous 12 videos in this fasting series, here they are:
• The 3,500 Calorie per Pound Rule Is Wrong (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-3500-calorie-per-pound-rule-is-wrong)
• The Reason Weight Loss Plateaus When You Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-reason-weight-loss-plateaus-when-you-diet)
• The New Calories per Pound of Weight Loss Rule? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-new-calories-per-pound-of-weight-rule)
• The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Calorie-Restriction-for-Longevity)
• Potential Pitfalls of Calorie Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction)
• Benefits of Fasting for Weight Loss Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-fasting-for-weight-loss-put-to-the-test)
• Is Fasting Beneficial for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fasting-beneficial-for-weight-loss)
• Is Fasting for Weight Loss Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Fasting-for-Weight-Loss-Safe)
• Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Alternate-Day-Intermittent-Fasting-Put-to-the-Test)
• Is Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-alternate-day-intermittent-fasting-safe)
• Does Intermittent Fasting Increase Human Life Expectancy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-intermittent-fasting-increase-human-life-expectancy)
• The 5:2 Diet and the Fasting-Mimicking Diet Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-5-2-diet-and-the-fasting-mimicking-diet-put-to-the-test)
If you missed my last video of the day, it’s the exciting announcement that How Not to Diet is hitting shelves on December 10. Check out the book trailer [here], and you can still pre-order the book (https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/) to get it right when it comes out.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/time-restricted-eating-put-to-the-test and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/time-restricted-eating-put-to-the-test. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image credit: Monoar Rahman Rony / pixabay
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/