The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Which Is a Better Breakfast – Cereal or Oatmeal? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-is-a-better-breakfast-cereal-or-oatmeal). Stay tuned for the video coming out in a few weeks. And check out this older video for how to make A Better Breakfast (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-better-breakfast/).
Studies like the one from General Mills are the reason it’s so important to look beyond the headlines, and it’s why I dedicate so much time to pointing out research flaws and red flags. The lesson is always check the primary source—or just let me do it for you!
My popular sugar videos are:
• If Fructose Is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit)
• How Much Fruit Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much)
• How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/)
• Big Sugar Takes on the World Health Organization (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-sugar-takes-on-the-world-health-organization/)
• Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda)
Citrus can also have an acidifying effect on teeth, so always rinse after consuming citrus: Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-dental-health/). When it comes to caring for your teeth Don’t Use Antiseptic Mouthwash (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dont-use-antiseptic-mouthwash/). Instead watch What’s the Best Mouthwash? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-the-best-mouthwash) for a better option.
And what about toothpaste? See:
• Antibacterial Toothpaste: Harmful, Helpful, or Harmless? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antibacterial-toothpaste-harmful-helpful-or-harmless)
• Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-Safe)
• Is CABP in SLS-Free Toothpaste Any Better? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-capb-in-sls-free-toothpaste-any-better/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-worst-food-for-tooth-decay and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-worst-food-for-tooth-decay. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/