Dr. Berg’s Electrolyte Powder: https://www.drberg.com/electrolyte-powder
Take Dr. Berg’s Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https://www.drberg.com/how-to-do-ketosis
Download Keto Essentials
4 Critical Tips to Reverse a Fatty Liver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6_o8457qA&t=72s
Dr. Berg talks about the causes of Edema. Edema is swelling in the lower extremities of the ankles and the feet.
8 Potential Causes of Edema:
1. Low Protein – protein in the blood is called albumin, if it is low the water will accumulate around the cells.
2. Low B1 – B1 deficiency is called Beri Beri that is caused by consuming too many carbs, alcohol, tea, chocolate, etc. Low in B1 could cause swelling in the ankles and the feet. Take nutritional yeast and B1.
3. Low Potassium – Caused by not consuming leafy green. You need 4700mg of potassium every day.
Sources of Potassium: Beet tops, Pistachios, Avocados, Greens, Kale, etc.
4. Heart – If the heart is dysfunctional or if you have heart disease, you’re going to have swelling on the left ankle or foot
5. Liver – If the liver is dysfunctional, fatty and cirrhosis, you’re going to have swelling on the right ankle and foot.
6. Kidney – Could cause swelling in the feet.
7. Myxedema – It looks like swelling but it is puffiness which caused by the waste product in the ankles that is also caused by the slow thyroid or thyroid problem.
8. Diabetes – can also cause low potassium and B1.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.