The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
The very first of the 4,990 citations in How Not to Diet relates to the stunning fact that it takes an estimated average of seventeen years before evidence from scientific research is incorporated into day-to-day clinical practice. I don’t want you to have to wait that long. Nearly 200,000 scientific papers were published on nutrition over the past year, more than 500 new articles a day. Please help us sift through all that science, so you… don’t have to!
Today is the start of our annual end-of-year fundraising drive. Year after year, more than half of our entire annual operating budget has been raised around these final few weeks of the year. So we count on your giving-season generosity to make a tax-deductible donation to keep NutritionFacts.org going and growing. Donate at https://nutritionfacts.org/donate.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/