The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Industry influence on research is by no means a new topic here on NutritionFacts.org. I’ve covered similar issues across a variety of industries in:
• Food Industry Funded Research Bias (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funded-research-bias/)
• BOLD Indeed: Beef Lowers Cholesterol? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/bold-indeed-beef-lowers-cholesterol/)
• Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-the-tobacco-industry-playbook/)
• American Medical Association Complicity with Big Tobacco (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/american-medical-association-complicity-big-tobacco/)
• Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt:-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt)
• Does Cell Phone Radiation Cause Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Cell-Phone-Radiation-Cause-Cancer)
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Researching-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana)
• Will Cannabis Turn Into Big Tobacco? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-cannabis-turn-into-big-tobacco)
• How the Dairy Industry Designs Misleading Studies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-dairy-industry-designs-misleading-studies)
• Is Butter Really Back? What the Science Says (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-butter-really-back-what-the-science-says)
And regarding sugar, check out these popular videos:
• If Fructose Is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit)
• How Much Fruit Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much)
• How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/)
• Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sugar-industry-attempts-to-manipulate-the-science and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sugar-industry-attempts-to-manipulate-the-science. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/