The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
What about oil pulling? Short answer: don’t do it. Long answer: Four-part video series!
• Does Oil Pulling Help with Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Oil-Pulling-Help-With-Cancer)
• Oil Pulling Benefits for Plaque and Gingivitis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/oil-pulling-benefits-for-plaque-and-gingivitis/)
• Oil Pulling for Teeth Whitening and Bad Breath Tested (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Oil-Pulling-for-Teeth-Whitening-and-Bad-Breath-Tested)
• The Risks of Oil Pulling (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-of-oil-pulling)
The most important thing you can do to protect your teeth is treat the cause of cavities by reducing added sugar intake, but anything else we can do to improve our oral health? Check out:
• Don’t Use Antiseptic Mouthwash (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dont-use-antiseptic-mouthwash/)
• Plant-Based Diets: Oral Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-oral-health/)
• Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-dental-health/)
• What’s the Best Mouthwash? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-the-best-mouthwash)
• Antibacterial Toothpaste: Harmful, Helpful, or Harmless? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antibacterial-toothpaste-harmful-helpful-or-harmless)
• Do Raisins Cause Cavities? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-raisins-cause-cavities)
• Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-Safe)
• Is CABP in SLS-Free Toothpaste Any Better? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-capb-in-sls-free-toothpaste-any-better/)
• Is Aloe Vera Gel the Best Treatment for Lichen Planus? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aloe-vera-gel-best-treatment-for-lichen-planus)
• Best Supplement for Canker Sores (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Supplement-for-Canker-Sores)
• Best Food for Periodontal Disease and Gingivitis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-for-periodontal-disease-and-gingivitis)
• How to Treat Periodontitis with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-periodontitis-with-diet)
• Best Foods for Halitosis and Gingivitis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-for-halitosis-and-gingivitis)
• The Worst Food for Tooth Decay (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-worst-food-for-tooth-decay)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-you-floss-before-or-after-you-brush and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-you-floss-before-or-after-you-brush. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Dr. Kami Hoss / flickr
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/