The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Cooking doesn’t always necessarily wipe it all out. See my last video, check out How Well Does Cooking Destroy the Cyanide in Flaxseeds? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-well-does-cooking-destroy-the-cyanide-in-flaxseeds).
Why do I recommend a tablespoon a day (in my Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen Checklist)? Check out what they can do:
• Flax Seeds for Hypertension (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Flax-Seeds-for-Hypertension)
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Clinical Evidence (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-survival-clinical-evidence/)
• Can Flax Seeds Help Prevent Breast Cancer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Can-Flax-Seeds-Help-Prevent-Breast-Cancer)
• Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-prostate-cancer/)
• Flax Seeds for Breast Pain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-breast-pain/)
• Flaxseeds vs. Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-diabetes/)
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-prevention)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-be-concerned-about-the-cyanide-from-flaxseed and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-be-concerned-about-the-cyanide-from-flaxseed. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/