The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
For more on the link between the tobacco and marijuana industries, check out: Will Cannabis Turn Into Big Tobacco? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-cannabis-turn-into-big-tobacco)
I have a whole catalogue of marijuana videos and I’ve got more to come. Here are the ones that are already up in case you missed any:
• The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Institute-of-Medicine-Report-on-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana)
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Researching-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana)
• Is Marijuana Addictive? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Marijuana-Addictive)
• Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Health-Problems)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Teens)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Adults)
• Marijuana Legalization and the Opioid Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Marijuana-Legalization-and-the-Opioid-Epidemic)
• Effects of Smoking Marijuana on the Lungs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-smoking-marijuana-on-the-lungs)
• Smoking Marijuana vs. Using a Cannabis Vaporizer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Smoking-Marijuana-vs-Using-a-Cannabis-Vaporizer)
• Does Marijuana Cause Lung Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-marijuana-cause-lung-cancer)
• Can Cannabis Cure Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-cannabis-cure-cancer)
• Are Cannabis Edibles Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-cannabis-edibles-safe)
More tobacco industry parallels can be found in Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-the-tobacco-industry-playbook), American Medical Association Complicity with Big Tobacco (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/american-medical-association-complicity-big-tobacco/), and How Smoking in 1959 is Like Eating in 2019 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-smoking-in-the-50s-is-like-eating-today).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pesticides-in-marijuana and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pesticides-in-marijuana. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/