The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
The video I mentioned is The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time.
This was the 6th video in a 7-part series on keto diets. If you missed any of the previous videos, see:
• Is Keto an Effective Cancer-Fighting Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Keto-an-Effective-Cancer-Fighting-Diet)
• Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test)
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-diet-Results-for-Weight-Loss)
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Weight-Loss-on-Ketosis-Sustainable)
• Are Keto Diets Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe)
The series wraps up with Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-ketogenic-diet-help-diabetes-or-make-it-worse) next.
So what does help athletic performance? Check out:
• Reducing Muscle Fatigue with Citrus (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-fatigue-with-citrus/)
• Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
• Preventing Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress With Watercress (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-exercise-induced-oxidative-stress-with-watercress/)
• “Veg-Table” Dietary Nitrate Scoring Method (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/veg-Table-dietary-nitrate-scoring-method)
• Fennel Seeds to Improve Athletic Performance (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-to-improve-athletic-performance)
• Foods to Improve Athletic Performance and Recovery (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Foods-to-Improve-Athletic-Performance-and-Recovery)
• Ground Ginger to Reduce Muscle Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Ground-Ginger-to-Reduce-Muscle-Pain)
• The Gladiator Diet: How Vegetarian Athletes Stack Up (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-gladiator-diet-how-vegetarian-athletes-stack-up)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diets-muscle-growth-and-bone-density and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diets-muscle-growth-and-bone-density. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Dmitry Lobanov / adobe stock photos
#ketodiet #keto #drgreger
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/