The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
If our gut flora enterotype could play an important role in our risk of developing chronic diet-associated diseases, the next question is: Can we alter our gut microbiome by altering our diet? And the answer is — diet can rapidly and reproducibly alter the bacteria in our gut, the subject of the follow-up video, How to Change Your Enterotype (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype).
Make sure you catch the first four in this series:
• How to Reduce Carcinogenic Bile Acid Production (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-reduce-carcinogenic-bile-acid-production/)
• Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes/)
• Microbiome: The Inside Story (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story)
• Prebiotics: Tending Our Inner Garden (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prebiotics-tending-our-inner-garden)
Who we have living in our gut may also play a role in autoimmune diseases. See Why Do Plant-Based Diets Help Rheumatoid Arthritis? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-plant-based-diets-help-rheumatoid-arthritis)
Since this video originally came out, I have even more on the microbiome. See:
• Gut Dysbiosis: Starving Our Microbial Selves (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-dysbiosis-starving-microbial-self/)
• How to Develop a Healthy Gut Ecosystem (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-develop-a-healthy-gut-ecosystem/)
• Microbiome: We Are What They Eat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-we-are-what-they-eat/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-whats-your-gut-microbiome-enterotype and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-whats-your-gut-microbiome-enterotype. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image Credit: geralt via Pixabay.
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/