The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
What is that about a shortened lifespan? See my video Finger on the Pulse of Longevity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/finger-pulse-longevity/).
Having “normal” risk factor values in a society where it’s normal to drop dead of preventable diseases like heart disease is not necessarily a good thing. Learn more with When Low Risk Means High Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-low-risk-means-high-risk/), Everything in Moderation? Even Heart Disease? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/everything-in-moderation-even-heart-disease/), and How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/).
For more on the musical fruit, see:
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-and-the-second-meal-effect/)
• Canned Beans or Cooked Beans? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/canned-beans-or-cooked-beans/)
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Beans, Beans, They’re Good for Your Heart (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-beans-theyre-good-for-your-heart)
• Phytates for Rehabilitating Cancer Cells (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-rehabilitating-cancer-cells/)
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetics-should-take-their-pulses/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-slow-your-beating-heart-beans-vs-exercise and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-slow-your-beating-heart-beans-vs-exercise. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image Credit: Rwk / Flickr, Derrick Coetzee / Flickr, samwebster/Flickr, Global Crop Diversity Trust/Flickr, Ellen Reid and Shinya Suzuki / Flickr.
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/