The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
This is one of my favorite videos of the year so far. If you’re not familiar with Dr. Esselstyn’s work, I touch on it in:
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/)
• Cavities & Coronaries: Our Choice (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cavities-and-coronaries-our-choice/)
• One in a Thousand: Ending the Heart Disease Epidemic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/one-in-a-thousand-ending-the-heart-disease-epidemic/)
If you haven’t heard of Pritikin, I introduce him here: Engineering a Cure (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/engineering-a-cure/)
An intro to Dr. Ornish: Convergence of Evidence (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/convergence-of-evidence/)
Dr. Burkitt: Dr. Burkitt’s F-Word Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-burkitts-f-word-diet/)
Since this video came out in 2014, I published that series on Dr. Kempner’s work:
• Kempner Rice Diet: Whipping Us Into Shape (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/kempner-rice-diet-whipping-us-into-shape/)
• Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/drugs-and-the-demise-of-the-rice-diet/)
• Can Diabetic Retinopathy Be Reversed? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-diabetic-retinopathy-be-reversed/)
• Can Morbid Obesity Be Reversed Through Diet? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-morbid-obesity-be-reversed-through-diet/)
And a recent series on lifestyle medicine program that draws its inspiration of these pioneers:
• What Is the Optimal Diet? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet/)
• The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Weight-Loss-Program-That-Got-Better-with-Time)
• CHIP: The Complete Health Improvement Program (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program)
• A Workplace Wellness Program that Works (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-workplace-wellness-program-that-works)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-evidence-based-medicine-or-evidence-biased and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-evidence-based-medicine-or-evidence-biased. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/