The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Since this video came out, I’ve made a few more videos on chocolate:
• Chocolate and Stroke Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/chocolate-and-stroke-risk)
• Does Cocoa Powder Cause Acne? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Cocoa-Powder-Cause-Acne)
• Does Chocolate Cause Acne? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-chocolate-cause-acne)
What effects do other foods have on arterial function? See:
• Tea & Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/tea-and-artery-function/)
• Olive Oil & Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function/)
• Sodium & Arterial Function: A-Salting our Endothelium (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/sodium-and-arterial-function-a-salting-our-endothelium/)
• Vinegar & Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/vinegar-artery-function/)
• Plant-Based Diets & Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-artery-function/)
• Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fatty-meals-may-impair-artery-function/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-artery-function/)
• Low Carb Diets & Coronary Blood Flow (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-dark-chocolate-and-artery-function and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-dark-chocolate-and-artery-function. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/