The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Whoa, I packed a lot into this video! If you’re as much of a sucker for evolutionary biology theory as I am, check out:
• High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/high-blood-pressure-may-be-a-choice/)
• The Problem with the Paleo Diet Argument (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-problem-with-the-paleo-diet-argument/)
• Why Do We Age? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-we-age/)
More on endotoxins in:
• The Leaky Gut Theory of Why Animal Products Cause Inflammation (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-leaky-gut-theory-of-why-animal-products-cause-inflammation/)
• The Exogenous Endotoxin Theory (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-exogenous-endotoxin-theory/)
• Dead Meat Bacteria Endotoxemia (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dead-meat-bacteria-endotoxemia/)
I’ve got gazillions of videos on inflammation, including:
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
• How Tumors Use Meat to Grow: Xeno-Autoantibodies (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-tumors-use-meat-to-grow-xeno-autoantibodies/)
• Potassium and Autoimmune Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/potassium-and-autoimmune-disease/)
• Anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-antioxidants/)
• Modern Meat Not Ahead of the Game (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/modern-meat-not-ahead-of-the-game/)
The study showing that dramatic decrease in inflammation within weeks on a plant-based diet was the one I featured in Biblical Daniel Fast Put to the Test (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/biblical-daniel-fast-put-to-the-test/).
And, finally, for more on the effect diet can have on mental health:
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
• Aspartame and the Brain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/aspartame-and-the-brain/)
• Improving Mood Through Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-mood-through-diet/)
Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/)
• Antioxidants and Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
• Can Dehydration Affect Our Mood? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-dehydration-affect-our-mood)
• Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity)
• Are Happier People Actually Healthier? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-happier-people-actually-healthier/)
• Which Foods Increase Happiness? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/foods-increase-happiness/)
• Best Food for Antidepressant-Induced Sexual Dysfunction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-for-antidepressant-induced-sexual-dysfunction/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/