The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Well that was interesting! I had never even heard of that study until I started digging into the topic.
There are a few more videos coming up in this fasting series. Stay tuned for:
• The 5:2 Diet and the Fasting-Mimicking Diet Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-5-2-diet-and-the-fasting-mimicking-diet-put-to-the-test)
• Time-Restricted Eating Put to the Test (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/time-restricted-eating-put-to-the-test)
• The Benefits of Early Time-Restricted Eating (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-benefits-of-early-time-restricted-eating)
Here are all of the previous ones if you missed any:
• The 3,500 Calorie per Pound Rule Is Wrong (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-3500-calorie-per-pound-rule-is-wrong)
• The Reason Weight Loss Plateaus When You Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-reason-weight-loss-plateaus-when-you-diet)
• The New Calories per Pound of Weight Loss Rule? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-new-calories-per-pound-of-weight-rule)
• The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Calorie-Restriction-for-Longevity)
• Potential Pitfalls of Calorie Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction)
• Benefits of Fasting for Weight Loss Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-fasting-for-weight-loss-put-to-the-test)
• Is Fasting Beneficial for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fasting-beneficial-for-weight-loss)
• Is Fasting for Weight Loss Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Fasting-for-Weight-Loss-Safe)
• Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Alternate-Day-Intermittent-Fasting-Put-to-the-Test)
• Is Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-alternate-day-intermittent-fasting-safe)
For more on longevity, check out:
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Fruits, Veggies, and Longevity: How Many Minutes Per Mouthful? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fruits-veggies-and-longevity-how-many-minutes-per-mouthful/)
• The Okinawa Diet: Living to 100 (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-okinawa-diet-living-to-100)
• Methionine Restriction as a Life-Extension Strategy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/methionine-restriction-as-a-life-extension-strategy/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-intermittent-fasting-increase-human-life-expectancy and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-intermittent-fasting-increase-human-life-expectancy. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image credit: John Moeses Bauan / unsplash
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/