The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the third in a 4-video series on CHIP. In case you missed the first two: What Is the Optimal Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet) and The Weight Loss Program That Got Better with Time (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Weight-Loss-Program-That-Got-Better-with-Time). Stay tuned for A Workplace Wellness Program that Works (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-workplace-wellness-program-that-works).
I’m looking forward to writing a whole book on evidence-based dietary approaches to mental illness. Stay tuned!
Here’s a few videos I have so far:
• Anti-inflammatory Diet for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression)
• Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity)
• Antioxidants and Depression (https://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
• Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
• Best Food for Antidepressant-induced Sexual Dysfunction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-for-Antidepressant-induced-Sexual-Dysfunction)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/