The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Berries pack such a nutritional punch that I recommend eating at least ½ cup a day in my Daily Dozen Checklist (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist) (download the free iPhone (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr.-gregers-daily-dozen/id1060700802?mt=8) or Android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nutritionfacts.dailydozen), or print the checklist here (https://nutritionfacts.org/daily-dozen-challenge/)).
More benefits of blueberries include:
• The Benefits of Acai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Acai-vs-Blueberries-for-Artery-Function)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-artery-function/)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Blood Pressure May Be Blocked by Yogurt (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Benefits-of-Blueberries-for-Blood-Pressure-May-Be-Blocked-by-yogurt)
• Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-the-brain)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Mood and Mobility (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-mood-and-mobility)
• Best Brain Foods: Berries and Nuts Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Brain-Foods-Berries-and-Nuts-Put-to-the-Test)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-heart-disease)
What else may protect against or repair DNA damage? See:
• DNA Protection from Broccoli (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dna-protection-from-broccoli/)
• Antimutagenic Activity of Green Versus White Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antimutagenic-activity-of-green-versus-white-tea/)
• Kiwifruit and DNA Repair (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-and-dna-repair/)
• Spicing Up DNA Protection (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/spicing-up-dna-protection/)
• Carcinogen Blocking Effects of Turmeric (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogen-blocking-effects-of-turmeric/)
Type 2 diabetes is caused by insulin resistance, but What Causes Insulin Resistance? (https://nutritionfacts.org/what-causes-insulin-resistance) Check out the video. And How May Plants Protect Against Diabetes? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-may-plants-protect-against-diabetes/) See also Plant-Based Diets for Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-diabetes), and my overview video How Not to Die from Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/blueberries-for-a-diabetic-diet-and-dna-repair and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/blueberries-for-a-diabetic-diet-and-dna-repair. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/