The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
In my Daily Dozen (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist/), I recommend eating one serving of berries per day (1/2 cup fresh or frozen). Here’s what else they can do:
• Reducing Muscle Soreness With Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
• Boosting Natural Killer Cell Activity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-natural-killer-cell-activity/)
• How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-slow-brain-aging-by-two-years/)
• Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/inhibiting-platelet-aggregation-with-berries/)
• The Benefits of Acai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Acai-vs-Blueberries-for-Artery-Function)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-artery-function/)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Blood Pressure May Be Blocked by Yogurt (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Benefits-of-Blueberries-for-Blood-Pressure-May-Be-Blocked-by-yogurt)
• Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-the-brain)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Mood and Mobility (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-mood-and-mobility)
• Best Brain Foods: Berries and Nuts Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Brain-Foods-Berries-and-Nuts-Put-to-the-Test)
• Benefits of Blueberries for Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-heart-disease)
• Blueberries for a Diabetic Diet and DNA Repair (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/blueberries-for-a-diabetic-diet-and-DNA-repair)
For more on arthritis and inflammation, see:
• Why Do Plant-Based Diets Help Rheumatoid Arthritis? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-plant-based-diets-help-rheumatoid-arthritis)
• Treating Gout with Cherry Juice (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-gout-with-cherry-juice)
• Gout Treatment with a Cherry on Top (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gout-treatment-with-a-cherry-on-top)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-rheumatoid-arthritis)
• The Inflammatory Meat Molecule Neu5Gc (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-inflammatory-meat-molecule-neu5gc)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation)
• Sesame Seeds for Knee Osteoarthritis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/sesame-seeds-for-knee-osteoarthritis)
• Ginger for Osteoarthritis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-osteoarthritis)
• Apple Peels Put to the Test for Chronic Joint Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Apple-Peels-Put-to-the-Test-for-Chronic-Joint-Pain)
• Benefits of Cabbage Leaves on the Knee for Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Benefits-of-Cabbage-Leaves-on-the-Knee-for-Osteoarthritis)
• The Effects of Avocados and Red Wine on Meal-Induced Inflammation (https:/nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-avocados-and-red-wine-on-meal-induced-inflammation/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/berries-for-inflammation-and-osteoarthritis-treatment and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/berries-for-inflammation-and-osteoarthritis-treatment. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image credit: Iwona Łach / unsplash
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/