The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
I’ve since expanded my prebiotic mix to include hulled purple barley and rye berries. Together with oat groats and beluga lentils that forms the base for many sweet and savory dishes in the Greger household. Mmm, this video is making hungry.
More on luscious legumes in:
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-and-the-second-meal-effect/)
• Canned Beans or Cooked Beans? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/canned-beans-or-cooked-beans/)
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Beans, Beans, They’re Good For Your Heart (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-beans-theyre-good-for-your-heart)
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetics-should-take-their-pulses/)
• Slow Your Beating Heart: Beans vs. Exercise (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/slow-your-beating-heart-beans-vs-exercise)
• The Hispanic Paradox: Why do Latinos Live Longer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-hispanic-paradox-why-do-latinos-live-longer)
• Gut Dysbiosis Starving Our Microbial Self (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-dysbiosis-starving-microbial-self/)
• BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/brca-breast-cancer-genes-and-soy)
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (https://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-prediabetes-by-eating-more/)
• Beans and Gas: Clearing the Air (https://nutritionfacts.org/2011/12/05/beans-and-gas-clearing-the-air/)
But what about the phytates? See Phytates for Rehabilitating Cancer Cells (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-rehabilitating-cancer-cells/) and Phytates for the Prevention of Osteoporosis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-prevention-of-osteoporosis/).
And what about the lectins? See:
• Dr. Gundry’s The Plant Paradox is Wrong (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gundrys-the-plant-paradox-is-wrong/)
• How to Avoid Lectin Poisoning (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-avoid-lectin-poisoning/)
• Are Lectins in Food Good or Bad for You? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-lectins-in-food-good-or-bad-for-you/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-lentils-and-chickpeas and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-lentils-and-chickpeas. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/