The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
There’s just a few videos left in my keto series. Here’s what we have so far:
• Is Keto an Effective Cancer-Fighting Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Keto-an-Effective-Cancer-Fighting-Diet)
• Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test)
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-diet-Results-for-Weight-Loss)
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Weight-Loss-on-Ketosis-Sustainable)
And here’s what’s coming up:
• Keto Diets: Muscle Growth and Bone Density (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-Diets-Muscle-Growth-and-Bone-Density)
• Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-ketogenic-diet-help-diabetes-or-make-it-worse)
The video I mentioned is Gut Dysbiosis: Starving Our Microbial Self (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-dysbiosis-starving-microbial-self). For more on keeping our gut bugs happy see:
• Microbiome: The Inside Story (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story)
• Prebiotics: Tending Our Inner Garden (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prebiotics-tending-our-inner-garden)
• What’s Your Gut Microbiome Enterotype? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-your-gut-microbiome-enterotype/)
• How to Change Your Enterotype (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype/)
• Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Paleopoo-What-We-Can-Learn-from-Fossilized-Feces)
• Gut Dysbiosis: Starving Our Microbial Self (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-dysbiosis-starving-microbial-self/)
• How to Become a Fecal Transplant Super Donor (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Become-a-Fecal-Transplant-Super-Donor)
• How Our Gut Bacteria Can Use Eggs to Accelerate Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-Our-Gut-Bacteria-Can-Use-Eggs-to-Accelerate-Cancer)
• Microbiome: We Are What They Eat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Microbiome-We-Are-What-They-Eat)
• How to Reduce Your TMAO Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Reduce-your-TMAO-Levels)
What’s the best diet for our heart? Given that heart disease is the #1 killer of men and women, consider a diet centered around whole plant foods: How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: maglara /adobe stock photos
#ketodiet #keto #drgreger
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/