The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
I am all in favor of Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/taking-personal-responsibility-for-your-health/), but the strong-arm tobacco-style tactics of the multi-trillion dollar food industry are contributing to the deaths of an estimated 14 million people every year.
I’ve talked about this before in videos such as:
• Food Industry-Funded Research Bias (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funded-research-bias/)
• Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-the-tobacco-industry-playbook)
• Controversy Over the Trans Fat Ban (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Controversy-Over-the-Trans-Fat-Ban)
• How the Dairy Industry Designs Misleading Studies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-dairy-industry-designs-misleading-studies)
• The Food Industry Wants the Public Confused About Nutrition (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-food-industry-wants-the-public-confused-about-nutrition/)
And specifically about sugar in Sugar Industry Attempts to Manipulate the Science (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sugar-industry-attempts-to-manipulate-the-science).
This is part of an on-going series I’m creating about breakfast cereals, and is a follow-up to The Worst Food for Tooth Decay (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-worst-food-for-tooth-decay/). Are there any healthy cereals? A few make the cut. See The Five-to-One Fiber Rule (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/).
Keep your eyes out for the next sugar video, coming out in a few weeks: How to Stop Tooth Decay.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-political-lesson-on-the-power-of-the-food-industry and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-political-lesson-on-the-power-of-the-food-industry. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Pictures of Money / flickr
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/