The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
I was approached by CuriosityStream, a new on-demand streaming service for documentaries and non-fiction programming created by Discovery Channel founder John Hendricks, about doing a 4-part series on healthy eating. I agreed if they would offer at least limited time access to the series for free.
You may remember seeing the first episode on NutritionFacts.org over this past year, and they are now letting us share this one, the 3rd. The other three episodes of Prescription: Nutrition are available to watch now on CuriosityStream for free, but you have to sign up for a 30-day trial. If you don’t want to continue the trial make sure to cancel before the 30 days or they’ll start charging you. To access the 30-day trial, visit https://www.CuriosityStream.com and use the special code NUTRITION. This offer must be redeemed by December 31st, 2018.
How did this all come about? Elizabeth North, president and CEO of CuriosityStream (https://www.curiositystream.com/), began her own journey toward plant-based eating when she was struggling with some health scares. She saw immediate benefits. “I realized astounding improvements in my health (and surprisingly, my fitness) from eating so many fresh fruits and vegetables,” she said. “Not only did I start consuming mass quantities of plant-based foods, but I also began consuming books, from The China Study to Eat To Live to Dr. Greger’s How Not To Die. The authors had differing perspectives on diet, but all experts agreed that adding more fresh fruits and vegetables is the first step to improving your nutrition and your overall health.”
The episodes in the series are:
Ep1 – Green Revolution
Ep2 – Grain of Truth
Ep3 – Spilling the Beans
Ep4 – Nature’s Candy
For more overview-type videos, see my introductory video series:
• Why You Should Care About Nutrition (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition)
• Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Taking-Personal-Responsibility-for-Your-Health)
• The Story of NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-story-of-nutritionfacts-org/)
• The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Philosophy-of-NutritionFacts-org)
• Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Behind-the-Scenes-at-NutritionFacts-org)
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure)
And to see the top foods I recommend eating, check out my Daily Dozen Checklist (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prescription-nutrition-episode-3-spilling-the-beans and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prescription-nutrition-episode-3-spilling-the-beans. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/