The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Cholesterol gets oxidized when animal products are exposed to heat. Are the some cooking methods that are less risky? Stay tuned for my next video, How to Reduce Cholesterol Oxidation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Reduce-Cholesterol-Oxidation).
For more on diet and Alzheimer’s Disease see:
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease with Plants (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Preventing-Alzheimers-Disease-With-Plants/)
• Reducing Glycotoxin Intake to Prevent Alzheimers (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Reducing-Glycotoxin-Intake-to-Prevent-Alzheimers)
• Alzheimer’s May Start Decades Before Diagnosis (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/alzheimers-may-start-decades-before-diagnosis)
• Alzheimer’s and Atherosclerosis of the Brain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/alzheimers-and-atherosclerosis-of-the-brain)
• Cholesterol and Alzheimer’s disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cholesterol-and-alzheimers-disease)
• The Alzheimer’s Gene: Controlling ApoE (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-alzheimers-gene-controlling-apoe)
• How to Prevent Alzheimer’s with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Prevent-Alzheimers-With-Diet)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oxidized-cholesterol-as-a-cause-of-alzheimers-disease and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oxidized-cholesterol-as-a-cause-of-alzheimers-disease. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/