The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
For research on other natural athletic interventions, see:
• Reducing Muscle Fatigue with Citrus (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-fatigue-with-citrus/)
• Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
• Preventing Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress With Watercress (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-exercise-induced-oxidative-stress-with-watercress/)
• Fennel Seeds to Improve Athletic Performance (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-to-improve-athletic-performance)
• Coconut Water for Athletic Performance vs. Sports Drinks (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/Coconut-Water-for-Athletic-Performance-vs-Sports-Drinks)
• Doping with Beet Juice (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/doping-with-beet-juice/)
• Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/enhanced-athletic-recovery-without-undermining-adaptation/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/foods-to-improve-athletic-performance-and-recovery and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/foods-to-improve-athletic-performance-and-recovery. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/