The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the first of an extended series of videos I’m going on the latest berry research. Wait a second, tastes great and you get to live longer? That’s what plant-based eating is all about!
What else can blueberries do? Check out:
• Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
• Boosting Natural Killer Cell Activity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-natural-killer-cell-activity/)
• How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-slow-brain-aging-by-two-years/)
• Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/inhibiting-platelet-aggregation-with-berries/)
But wait How Much Fruit is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much/) Watch the video!
What about all the fructose in fruit? Got a video on that too: If Fructose is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/)
What about fancier options like acai berries? See The Benefits of Acai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Acai-vs-Blueberries-for-Artery-Function) and The Antioxidant Effects of Acai vs. Apples (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Antioxidant-Effects-of-Acai-vs-Apples).
What about the effects of other foods on artery function? Check out:
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/)
• Arteries of Vegans vs. Runners (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/arteries-of-vegans-vs-runners/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fatty-meals-may-impair-artery-function)
• Olive Oil and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function)
• Plant-Based Diets and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-artery-function)
• Vinegar and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/vinegar-and-artery-function)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-artery-function and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-artery-function. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/