The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a free copy of Dr. Greger’s Evidence-Based Eating Guide: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
I’ve reviewed various health aspects of coffee before:
• Coffee and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-cancer/)
• What About the Caffeine? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-about-the-caffeine/)
• Preventing Liver Cancer with Coffee? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-liver-cancer-with-coffee/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Coffee-and-Artery-Function)
• Does Coffee Affect Cholesterol? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-coffee-affect-cholesterol/)
• Which Coffee Is Healthier: Light vs. Dark Roast? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-coffee-is-healthier-light-vs-dark-roast/)
• Does Low-Acid Coffee Cause Less Acid Reflux? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-low-acid-coffee-cause-less-acid-reflux/)
• Do the Health Benefits of Coffee Apply to Everyone? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-health-benefits-of-coffee-apply-to-everyone/)
What else can we consume to live longer?
• Nuts May Help Prevent Death (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-may-help-prevent-death)
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Fruits and Longevity: How Many Minutes per Mouthful? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fruits-veggies-and-longevity-how-many-minutes-per-mouthful/)
For more on controlling acid reflux, see Diet and GERD Acid Reflux Heartburn and Diet and Hiatal Hernia (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-and-gerd-acid-reflux-heartburn/ and https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-and-hiatal-hernia/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-coffee-mortality and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-coffee-mortality. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Images thanks to Anne Worner via Flickr.
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• PREORDER: How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-to-survive-a-pandemic/
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/