The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
We all like to think we make important life decisions like what to eat consciously and rationally, but if that were the case we wouldn’t be in the midst of an obesity epidemic. How food advertising tricks and weight gain may be connected.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a free copy of Dr. Greger’s Evidence-Based Eating Guide: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Given the role marketing can play even when we least suspect it, what is the role of personal responsibility in the obesity epidemic? That’s the subject of my next video!
We are winding down this series on obesity, with three remaining:
• The Role of Personal Responsibility in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-personal-responsibility-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Role of Corporate Influence in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-corporate-influence-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Role of the Toxic Food Environment in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-the-toxic-food-environment-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
If you missed any of the previous videos, here they are:
• The Role of Diet vs. Exercise in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-diet-vs-exercise-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Role of Genes in the Obesity Epidemic (https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/the-role-of-genes-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Thrifty Gene Theory: Survival of the Fattest (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-thrifty-gene-theory-survival-of-the-fattest)
• Cut the Calorie-Rich-And-Processed Foods (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cut-the-calorie-rich-and-processed-foods)
• The Role of Processed Foods in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-processed-foods-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Role of Taxpayer Subsidies in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-taxpayer-subsidies-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
• The Role of Marketing in the Obesity Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-marketing-in-the-obesity-epidemic)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-food-advertisements-in-the-obesity-epidemic and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-food-advertisements-in-the-obesity-epidemic. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• PREORDER: How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-to-survive-a-pandemic/
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/