The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a free copy of Dr. Greger’s Evidence-Based Eating Guide: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Can you hear the frustration in my voice as I read paper after paper proposing those ridiculous (but profitable!) answers when the safe, simple, side-effect-free solution was staring them in the face the whole time? Makes me think of so many parallels, not the least of which are:
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
For more on TMAO, the “smoking gun” of diet-microbiome-disease interactions, see:
• Eggs, Choline, and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/)
• Carnitine, Choline, Cancer, and Cholesterol: The TMAO Connection (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/carnitine-choline-cancer-and-cholesterol-the-tmao-connection/)
• Egg Industry Response to Choline and TMAO (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-response-to-choline-and-tmao)
• How to Develop a Healthy Gut Ecosystem (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-develop-a-healthy-gut-ecosystem/)
• How to Treat Heart Failure and Kidney Failure with Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Treat-Heart-Failure-and-Kidney-Failure-with-Diet)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-how-to-reduce-your-tmao-levels and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-how-to-reduce-your-tmao-levels. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• PREORDER: How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-to-survive-a-pandemic/
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/